In memory of my mom and all the mothers that are no longer with us, you will always be a part of us and we missed you dearly.
I think what makes this day possible and special are the children or some now adults…Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there.
Trivia about Mothers…
- There are 84 million mom’s in the U.S.
- The youngest mother on record was Lina Medina, who delivered a 6½-pound boy by cesarean section in Lima, Peru in 1939, at the age of 5 years and 7 months.
- The odds of a woman delivering twins is 1-in-33. Her odds of having triplets is approximately 1-in-539.
- August is the most popular month in which to have a baby.
- Kentucky has the highest percentage of women who are mothers at 67%. The national average is 57%.
- About 4 million women will have babies this year.
- The median age of a woman giving birth for the first time in the U.S. is 24.8.
- Daughters keep in closer contact with their mothers than do sons. (Pew Research)
- There are more phone calls made on Mother’s Day than on any other day of the year. (Pew Research)
- The number of people calling their moms on Mother’s Day has declined in recent years due to e-mail and other electronic means of communication.
- While nearly 80 percent of Americans will buy a card for mom this year, 83 percent of the cards will be purchased by daughters. (American Greetings)
- Mother’s Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday.
- Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants.